Paper Painting Round 2~ due July 28, 2018

I am lurking. I do have some questions:
1-I was wondering if I could color the paper, perhaps pattern or scribble shade, then do the cutting.
2-Should I aim to actually look like some object? I can see this as just shapes as well.

I am lurking. I do have some questions:
1-I was wondering if I could color the paper, perhaps pattern or scribble shade, then do the cutting.
2-Should I aim to actually look like some object? I can see this as just shapes as well.

You can add color and pattern to the paper before cutting it ~ but not a drawing or anything like that. The idea is to use the paper to create an image.
It doesn't have to be an object, but the subject should be identifiable. It can't just be torn or cut paper, abstractly laid out. Also, you also can't just cut out a shape or use a die cut. You need to piece the paper together to create the image. Last year, someone created starts on a background, and that worked well for the theme. I think she may have done circles, too. But with both shapes, she tore paper and pieced them into the shapes.
Check out this pinterest board to see examples:
https://www.pinterest.com/jmr1979/collage-paper-painting/
I hope that helps clarify a bit...

I gave it a try. I started it before getting clarification and chose to finish it up. It is not what you are looking for. I can try again, changing subject matter and see if I get a better result.

1_CollagePeony.jpg

Lorna, I don't see anything at all that would prohibit it from the swap guidelines...but I was waiting for Prex to weigh in first as host. Now that she has, I really like your card!

Thank you for the comments. I will continue lurking until I get all of them done. I'm thinking of a landscape next.
The sunset sky tonight was crazy colored. There are no clouds so just a modulation of color: orange to pink to purple to a dark blue. I think it is due to stuff in the air from a fire. Just hope the wild fires are few this year.

Sorry, I need to drop.
No problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you for the comments. I will continue lurking until I get all of them done. I'm thinking of a landscape next.
The sunset sky tonight was crazy colored. There are no clouds so just a modulation of color: orange to pink to purple to a dark blue. I think it is due to stuff in the air from a fire. Just hope the wild fires are few this year.

Can't wait to see what you do next :)
It's crazy how something so destructive can create such beauty!

So fun! Love the use of text and bright colors! Can't wait to see them in person!

I need some advice. My process is to assemble a layer and press in an old book until the glue dries. I do this for each layer. I am almost done with one landscape. It has several, ok lots of small pieces.

I see that CiCiCreates has sealed her pieces. I wonder if sealing would keep the little pieces attached better. I have some matte medium...do I have the guts to try it out? Any help would be welcome.

I found the colors for the unusual sky caused by the distant wildfires. So far I am building a tree. I am starting some water and have to do the mountains. Then I can layer the sky colors. I found a sky with the moon. I want to use it but passed it up for this swap.
I bet the glue is dry so I can get back to creating...

Lorna, I use matte medium to glue and seal most of my collage. But if you're concerned, just do a small test on a random scrap and see if you like it.

Lol!! I have also bought tons of origami paper and sets with books... I’ve never really gotten the hang of it but the beautiful colors and printed papers get me every time!! They have recently found their way into the piles of crafting papers.

Prex- I would like to join this one. Do I send the cards to the same address as T2T?

Oh, I didn't consider painting it on. That seems messy though! I think I'll just glue the backs. lol

Ok, count me in. I impulse bought way more origami paper then I know what to do with. XD

Back
Top Bottom