Staff member
Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – July 21, 2011
Signup/withdraw date – When full
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants – 20 (I’ll cover the first 3 International - FIRST THREE INTERNATIONAL ARE TAKEN, all others please send a well hidden $1.00 USD )

Let’s play with beeswax again… this time creating Artist Trading Cards and/or Altered Playing Cards, this time with a theme of bees. Mason bees, honey bees, bumble bees, carpenter bees, orchard bees… and whatever other type of bee you can think of. :)

They can be realistic or whimsical, and anything else can be included in your collage, as long as you have at least one clearly visible BEE in your BEESWAX collage.

For information on beeswax collage check out these links:
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/bx.html
http://www.hgtv.com/crafting/beeswax-collage-techniques/index.html

For an excellent tutorial on beeswax and napkins by mrubyjean:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5956&highlight=beeswax+technique

Here are a couple of samples I've created:

Guidelines… please read!
* All cards must be standard 3.5” x 2.5”.

* If using embellishments, please keep them VERY light. Otherwise send an extra .60 in postage to cover the cost of mailing.

* Original work only - no copies or prints.

* Please send work you are proud to share with others.

* Send your cards in individual protective sleeves.

* Include swap name, username, real name, and country on the back of all cards.

* Please allow plenty of mailing time! Late cards will be returned.

Note that this is 3 for 3 only. An extra card for the host is appreciated but never required.

Postage:
US Participants: Please include a SASE with .44 postage, and a loose .20 stamp. If I don’t need the additional .20 stamp, it will be returned. Please include your user name AND the swap name on your front of your envelope. Please mail early!

International Participants: Please send your address on a self-stick mailing label (clearly written, please) and include your username. I will provide the envelope. I will cover postage for the first 3 International participants. Otherwise please include a well hidden $1.00 USD. An extra card would be appreciated but is not required. Please mail early – 3 weeks is recommended.

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards.

Posting in the thread when your cards are mailed will help me keep track. And please consider posting your lovely completed art for everyone to see. It’s part of the fun!

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find homes!

I am an on time hostess and late cards will be returned. Did I mention to mail early! ;)

Players:
1. mrubyjean - WA ARRIVED
2. theweavershand - TX RECEIVED
3. AmericanHwyFlower - withdrew
4. alanabannana - CT RECEIVED
5. Donnacr - AUSTRALIA * RECEIVED
6. Vicki Z - MN RECEIVED
7. Wil Opio Oguta - THE NETHERLANDS * RECEIVED
8. jaw - WA RECEIVED
9. ICraft - FL RECEIVED
10. catscradle - NY RECEIVED
11. bluesybreeze - AR RECEIVED
12. maggiebloom - CANADA * RECEIVED
13. HiddenTreasure2010 - CANADA (I know she's ill so may not be sending cards)
14. catladybj - GA withdrew
15. lafaver55 - OK RECEIVED

Last edited:
Oh!!! Me me me me me !!! I love my beeswax too! Just got a bar of fresh beeswax at the farmer's market (did I need it? no ... did it smell wonderful and the feel of it seem better than my lump from Michaels? yes ...)

Look who came to visit while I was sleeping!

Welcome myrubyjean, theweavershand, AmericanHwyFlower, alanabannana, Donnacr, Vicki Z, Wil Opio Oguta and jaw! :D

Last edited:
:cute: hey Helen... ain't ya glad I NOT signing up for this ?????
I think I must be the ONLY person on the wonderous site that cannot do WAX... I gota WAx mental block that is driving me crazy... even my Ducky is walking away from me shaking his head....:wacko:
but I sure am going to follow along and hope to learn more... :notworthy:

Well, Ducky. You can come visit us anytime. We need to get together and play with wax. That's what we need to do. :)

well Helen, Martha is flying into Michigan this summer so just jump on the plane with her and oh, drop down to Florida and pick up Icraft and we will have a WaXey PARTY, and lets not forget JAW, ya know she is the keeper of the Baileys.......:wubclub:

Oh yea! A waxing party with all my favorite peeps at Duckys - I can hardly wait. Oh wait a minute this ain't one of those leg waxing, bikini waxing partys is it? hahahaha!!!! I'm only coming if it's a beeswax ATC crafting party. One of my daughters did a dual enrollment while in high school for cosmotology - of course she needed some "volunteers" for her class so of course I went in - ouch, ouch, ouch - but I sure had some pretty smooth legs and some other stuff too. ha-ha :embarrassed::err::wideeyed::unsure::swoon: Don't worry Duck we'll get you fixed up one of these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom