Recipe Exchange ATC Swap - Due March 6th

OrganicMama

ATC Guru
Media
Returns were posted on March 5th.

Due Date: March 6th (it was Feb. 29 but I extended it to give any lost folk time to find us).
Number of Cards: 3-3

Make a card that shows an embellished, illustrated, or otherwise decorated recipe. MAKE SURE THAT THE RECIPE IS USABLE. I want to be able to read it and cook something with this ATC. Don't just slap a recipe onto a card, spice it up a bit! It's a small space, so you may have to be creative with how you get the whole recipe on to the small card!

If you are in this swap, please consider the following;

Due Date! Please have the cards in my mailbox by March 6th. I want to do this on time!

Some Rules

1) Send in cards that you are proud of and would like to receive - cards that you have a hard time parting with...you know what I mean.

2) Make sure that the recipe you include is readable. If you want to be really awesome (and so that we don't take our precious pieces of art into the mess of a kitchen) include a separate paper with the recipe(s) printed out, or post the recipe(s) in this thread so that we can all enjoy the good food!

3) Please put your user name and the swap name on:
*the back of each and every card you send.
*the envelope that you mail to me.
*your return envelope.

4) Keep the cards light and thin to keep everyone's postage costs to a minimum! Nothing heavy or too thick. It's nice when the cards fit in sleeves.

5) Include a SASE with 58 cents in postage if you are mailing from the USA.

6) International players - I will take 4 in this swap and pay the postage for the 4 of you.

7) This is a 3 for 3 swap. Send me three cards and you will get three back. Host cards are not required, but would certainly be enjoyed.

8) I will send you my address by PM when you join.

9) I will leave you iTrader feedback as soon as I receive your cards. I hope that you will do the same for me when you receive your returns, as well as leaving reputations for the artists who made your returns. We all like to know where our babies end up!

I think that's it. Let's get cooking!

The Players:
1. corrie04 - Received 2/7
2. amyfaerie - Received 1/5
3. woodfork - Received 1/16
Lanipearl - Withdrew
4. PamPie - Received 1/10
5. wigbag - Received 1/24
6. whinendine - Received 2/19
7. ria (Int'l) - Received 2/28
8. lovepugs - Received 1/14
MandyS (Int'l) - withdrew
9. fingers (Int'l) - Received 2/5
10. carnival (Int'l) - Received 2/29
11. Bralina - Received 2/21
12. slrandom (a.k.a. My Mom :wub:) - Received 2/19
and me!

Last edited:
Yay! We have a Pam!! I'm so happy that we are here and landed and beginning to find one another (and ourselves).

As far as I can tell, we have a couple of missing players - likely they haven't quite found their way here yet. But if anyone runs into lovepugs or Bralina (or the artist's formerly known as...) - send them on over this way!

I think (hope) I PM'd everyone else. I will still swap the cards as soon as they all arrive. I just extended the due date to give time to those who might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Last edited:
I've heard from woodfork, whinendine, and carnival (and of course Pam checked in above). I think Bralina said her cards were on the way just before the old site went down. And carnival's cards should be postal shortly. Looks like we might not have to wait at all!

Okay, now I've heard from ria and corrie04. Looks like all the cards will be in the mail soon. I'm excited to look at them all together.

Recipe PIF

Hi these are my cards ,
305670231.jpg

At the old site, many of you posted your recipes in the thread so that we could all enjoy them. So, when the site went down unexpectedly, we lost those 'kitchen friendly' recipes. Can you PM me your recipes so that I can include them in the swap returns (unless you included a copy with your cards). Specifically, I need recipe copies from:
PamPie
woodfork
fingers
lovepugs
whinendine
and slrandom

In other news, slrandom (my mama) made a card for everyone! So you will all get an extra because she is a nice lady. Yay!

ria - your cards are here! I like the funny little pancake face. Thanks for the extra!!

carnival's cards are on their way...I expect them any day!

Everyone - I am going to be out of touch for a couple days. Family is coming in from the East Coast, then my family is going to the mountains to hang out in deep snow and soak in hotsprings! So while I will miss daily check-ups...I can't say I will miss them all that much! Afterall, someone else is going to cook and do my dishes while I soak and sauna and meditate and ski with my toddler. I will be home Tuesday night. Hopefully I will be able to do the swap on Wednesday night and mail out on Thursday. At least that is the goal.

carnival's cards were in today's mail! So now all the cards are in, and I am itching to swap them out...I probably would have if my son had taken his proper nap. But he got up an hour and a half early. So I will have to stick to the above detailed plan and do the swap on Wednesday evening.

OMG I wish I was going to the mountains with you. I've skied some and love it !! How I would love to see the snow. I live in the wrong part of the country !! Have fun!!

Here's mine - this may not be exactly as printed on the ATC, but it's the recipe!
Sour Cream Apple Pie
Bake a single 9" pie crust 7 minutes at 350F, then cool.
Mix until smooth:
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup sour cream
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
Stir in:
2 cups finely chopped (or shredded) apples
Turn into pie shell and bake 30 minute (or until almost set) at 450F
Blend together until crumbly:
1/2 cup flour
6 Tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Spread on pie and bake ten minutes longer.

Enjoy!! Good warm, or cold from the fridge!

I got the cards swapped and to the post-office today. My 18-month-old loved putting the envelopes into the slot and saying "puuu-shhh". Everyone is getting 4 cards back :jiggy: because my mom (slrandom) went crazy with her colored pencils and made one for everyone! Show her some love if you get a chance.

I tried to make sure that everyone got a good selection of foods - not all drinks or all deserts - as well as a good selection of art. The work you all sent in was really cool, and I feel lucky that I got to look at it all.

This was my first swap and it was awesome! I hope you all enjoy your returns.

Sounds like I might see mine by the weekend - I'm looking forward to it - thanks for all your hard work Taylor!!

I apologize for not getting recipes into this thread...I've been taking a bit of a break! Looking forward to getting returns of yummy things to try - well, for my hubby to try - he does all the cooking around here. I've been watching my caloric intake and have lost 13 pounds since Jan. 11th. - but I certainly treat myself whenever possible!

Back
Top Bottom