SNOWMAN SWAP - Quick turnaround due Nov. 30th

Gerry ... I'm going to try and find my photo of our neighborhood "One Day Snowman" ... my photo was featured on the local news, because I took the photo in the morning, on my way to work ... when I returned (after a warm winter's day) the snowman was completely melted to the ground "-(
If I can find the photo ... I'll do an atc and then post them both to the thread.

Cee-Jay I would love to see the pic, I have never known a snowman to thaw in one day, ours usually linger on for days. It must have been a very warm day.

That whole winter, as I recall, was unusually warm for us. We generally have at least one blizzard and half a dozen days of sub-zero temps.

Last edited:
WOW lodiprincess those are super jolly snowmen, and one for me too. Thanks I will send you my address, looking forward to seeing them in r/l

WOW, lodiprincess.
Your snowmen are FAB.
I particularly LOVE the first one with the copper banding.

What did you use for background?
It looks like metalic foil, and it appears that you may have used something similar on the third card as well.

Last edited:
Me please! I found some snowman paper fabric last night. I've only had it for a year or so "somewhere safe" :confused:

welcome Ibus, the paper sounds interesting cant wait to see what you make with it. Grab your shovel and get stuck in. :D

I mailed my cards, and it looks like Dipsydoo1968 and lodiprincess have also posted theirs. The race is on!!!!
Whose cards will be the first to arrive on Gerry's doorstep?

Gerry is going to have a house full of snowmen shortly.
I hope she made room in her frig to store them all.

Fun facts about snowmen & snow.
Even though there isn’t any images of the biggest snowflake ever recorded, the Guinness Book of World Records states that a giant snowflake was found at Fort Keogh, Montana on January 28, 1887. It was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick.

I would like to join in please. But as this will be my first swap can I lurk? I think I've got this right, if I'm lurking it means I am on the list but if I can't manage it I can just drop out? I need to make sure I can actually produce something!

Hi Shawn, Welcome to the site, if you say you are lurking you have posted to the thread and it will show up in your subscriptions, making it easier to come back, but you will not be on the list until you decide to join.
If you want to join, then I can add you to the list and you can drop out if you want to, as long as you let me know before the due date.
Let me know what you would like to do, any questions just ask.

Wulfcwen- now you know what it's like being left handed in a world made for righties. Hope you can do it.

Hi Gerry, I'm in. I'm going to draw with my left hand too. Oh, wait I'm left handed. Also I think a snowman could fly. I live in a desert with no snow, so what do I know. :confused:

Hi Gerry, I'm in. I'm going to draw with my left hand too. Oh, wait I'm left handed. Also I think a snowman could fly. I live in a desert with no snow, so what do I know. :confused:

Welcome Jennie, Great to have you join. My mum was left handed but they made her use her right hand at school, she is 89, she said she used to get a rap on her knuckles if she tried to use her left hand,.

Welcome Jennie, Great to have you join. My mum was left handed but they made her use her right hand at school, she is 89, she said she used to get a rap on her knuckles if she tried to use her left hand,.
Gerry, The nuns tried to get me not to "be of the devil". Yes they do hit you. Sister Mary Catherine would swat me on my upper arm with her pointer stick. Thenk goodness that Catechism was only 4 hours on Saturday. I had sister Elizabeth one year and she would just gentlly take my pencil and put it in my right hand. None of it worked

Back
Top Bottom