THE ART OF NICK BANTOCK-HAND DRAWN ART SWAP-Due Aug. 15

Glad to introduce people to art they hadn't seen before. His is very different. I have have most of his books with the exception of the childrens books. Guess I need to get some of those too.

I have been putting off this one - but need to get started too. Lets chat this one up a bit so we might draw more artist in.....

Once you start looking at the books, you see there is such a broad range of directions you can go for this swap. The paintings are beautiful, and of course, extremely imaginative!

Finished my first card for this swap. Picked a dodo from the internet, and tried to draw it as Bantock drew a hyena in his "Averse to Beasts". Picked a dodo because to me its the kind of bird Bantock could have chosen to draw too.

Last edited:
Thanks, stormarela and gourdhead1997!! I keep showing my cards in the thread ... maybe it gives someone the idea this might be a fun-swap to join!!!!

The left card is based on Bantock's "Jabberwocky" and oysters from Bantock's "The Walrus and the Carpenter" walk over his snout. The right card is based on an illustration in Bantock's "Sabine's Notebook".

I think I posted before that I had most of his books except the pop-up books, but oh my I believe they are the best as far as his drawing. I brought "Artful Dodger" to work with me today, I hadn't looked at it for awhile, and saw the section on his pop-up books.....I guess NOW I need to do some ordering AGAIN!!!

I think I posted before that I had most of his books except the pop-up books, but oh my I believe they are the best as far as his drawing. I brought "Artful Dodger" to work with me today, I hadn't looked at it for awhile, and saw the section on his pop-up books.....I guess NOW I need to do some ordering AGAIN!!!

:laugh: You made me order, Annette! Loved the art on his website. I searched and searched on the internet for his books (plus reasonable shippingcosts to the Netherlands) ... because over here people in serious bookstores didn't have a clue what I was talking about! I found "The Artful Dodger" ... it's a great book! I found the first three of Griffin&Sabine ... wonderful! And yes, I couldn't help myself ... had to have them ... Saturday the last three of Griffin&Sabine arrived! So, go ordering ... his pop-ups! :laugh:

Stormarela's cool cards arrived yesterday.....and a big thank you for the extra card!!

I posted a card to the gallery, I'm still working on the rest...

Wendy so glad you found his books ......and yes the artful dodger is so great.....I haven't ordered yet but soon!

DADAology...you talked me into it!!! I had a difficult time thinking of what I would do but I have some ideas now. Cant guarantee it will be the vision of what's in my head but will do my best!!! Wish me luck - RoOskie

EQ - you will be hooked. If you can get his pop-up books and for sure try to get The Artful Dodger.....they have is illustrations in them.....

Rooskie....welcome....and as above try to look at some of those books for inspiration.

OK! This one is too nice too! I almost have finished my Nick Bantock collages and I see there is still a place for international..... So can I play? :wubclub:

Back
Top Bottom