TRASH TO TREASURE 12 -- due July 19, 2019

Im looking forward to seeing more treasures, either in the thread or the mailbox. I’ll be ready to post mine in a few more days.

Five down, one more to go :)

Items used:

Card 1 See You Soon- paper with mahogany/pink colors and edge of steampunk playing card

Card 2 Paris lady- lace from bag o bits and both sides of envelope trash was sent in.

Card 3 A Few Favorites- Dr Pepper Texas label, piece of scrabble paper, butterfly, hot tamale, sunset stamp and puzzle piece.

Card 4 Freed- paper with floral sprigs (embossed that with sheet music stamp in copper) brick cardstock, bird from stamp and bird egg paper piece.

Card 5 Best Things- sunmade raisin girl (changed her red bonnet to purple embossing powder to match better) grape tissue paper. The wine bottles are shiny, phone didn’t pick that up as well as I wanted it to.

27DB07B7-66BB-4381-8F4A-845F39328504.jpgE82B5FC5-EE0F-40DE-B631-2B6C361AAFE5.jpg
7727ACEF-D0EE-44FE-9177-471BB0D25E1D.jpgDB59CD36-EFEE-46EB-8772-032EC18F3241.jpg
F5E57472-F8C6-494E-9423-52647929A054.jpg

Card 3 A Few Favorites- Dr Pepper Texas label, piece of scrabble paper, butterfly, hot tamale, sunset stamp and puzzle piece.

I really like this one the most, nice splattering of fun items all over the card. Well done!

Amychelle and Suzi, your sets of cards are amazing! I’m looking forward to seeing them in person!

Nanvan, I got your inserts and they are with your cards! What a great greeting card you sent the inserts in! I hope you know I will be incorporating it into my own art!

My mailbox was full of treasure today! Great cards came from Suzi and dnewton972! Thanks for the hosties and extras.

Alright trash to treasure friends- a family friend who is a doctor is getting rid of an old x-Ray film light box. I jumped on it because I’m a medical junkie and thought it’s like a strong light box, right?!

So, anybody have any fun crafty ideas?

View attachment 207476View attachment 207478View attachment 207477

Worked on my cards today (well, one of them I did a few days back, and it's been hanging around, but I made the other five today). Here are the first three.

Fish uses a plant cut from the notecard, the fish cut from one of the stamps, a piece of beach house paper as the background and the "f" and "s" came from the little bag o scraps. I added the I and H from my own stash.

Flamingo uses the tissue box as a background, the flamingo and the words mega (from the candy box) and sun (from the raisins). I added the two girls riding the flamingo and the letters f-u-n.

"Go ahead Steampunk (make my day)" uses the brick wall die cut, some bits cut from the steampunk playing card, the gears are from the bag o scraps and the Betty Boop. I added the letters. I actually was debating not sending this card in because I really like it :) But that's not the point, is it!

Three more to come shortly.

View attachment 207481View attachment 207480View attachment 207479

And here are the other three

Life's an adventure uses the envelope as a background, the tree branch is cut from some paper, I think from the bag o bits, the cat and bird both came from the stamps, the red strip is from the border of the love birds note sheet and the die cut and the life's an adventure ribbon are from the bag o bits

Thrive uses beach house paper as a background, the plants are cut from the notecard, the butterflies are from the butterfly origami paper, the die cut is from the bag o scraps and the word thrive is from the scrabble calendar page.

And finally, Tree features the envelope (the other side) as a background, the tree trunk is cut from the beach house paper and the leaves are from the butterfly notecard. The lovebirds are from the lovebird note pad and the word tree is from the scrabble page.

These will be on the way to you this week!

Back
Top Bottom