Media
Due Date - November 21st, 2021
Signup/withdraw Date – None; please communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of Players – Unlimited
Media – Mixed Media, collage, HD/HP
Theme – :mask: Trick or Treat, :elvis: Smell My Feet:jimlad::policeman:
Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet - Due November 21st, 2021

Who doesn’t love the 2 hour parade of costumed urchins clutching their baskets, buckets or pillowcases that come visiting every October 31st? Bumblebees hold hands with Grim Reapers, trip and fall and are helped up by a lady bug. Elvis drives the get-away car. Squee! I LOVE IT ALL!!! I’m doubting we’ll see many of the young charmers this year ( thanks for that Rona… grr… ) so I thought we could make our own parade!

For this swap we’ll be creating trick-o-treaters, costumed kiddos, parents pushing mummies in strollers, pulling wagons full of pirates, etc… Halloween parties and games are all welcome here. Let’s make a Halloween parade! Ding dong! Doorbells ringing! Who is ready to show who’s on the other side?

Examples: View attachment 225685 Marie View attachment 225686 maryfreeman0622

View attachment 225687 Linda4atc. View attachment 225688 SunTrade

A Few Pesky Details

1.When mailing, please enclose a SASE OR include a large self-addressed label and 1 forever stamp. (International players: Please include one U.S. global forever stamp or $1. I can also accept PayPal; please contact me for my email address.)
2. PM me for my address when you are ready to mail.
3. As always please send cards you are proud of; something you would be happy to receive.
4. A hostess card would be a treasured treat but is in no way required.
5. As always, once your cards arrive, please leave youRocks for the players whose art you have received and iTrader for the host.

Trick or treat!

1. TrinaLD - link withdrawn
2. CiCiCreates - link Boo!
3. Plumhill2001 - link Boo!
4. lazyshadows - link Boo!
5. BArox818 - link Boo!
6. AncientPlanter - link Boo!
7. An.M.Sudyka - link Boo!
8. Monroy28 - link Boo!

Last edited:
I am lurking so I will be subscribed. Cute little kids are right up my alley. And this may be therapeutic and good for me at this time. But I will wait a bit to sign up just to be sure.

Good plan Carol. I’m glad to have you here spending time with us. Cute little kids are indeed right up your alley, and creating indeed is good therapy. Sending prayers of comfort over you my friend.

So I’m off to a running start but I’m finding backgrounds challenging. Anyone have a great technique for putting my characters ‘somewhere’?

Here’s one I’m working on —front porch, under the streetlight, street behind— but I’m not so sure I caught that vibe. Advice anyone?

View attachment 225737

What can I add to ground them better?

Got an email from letterdiva with some super helpful suggestions! Thank you! This is a simple change but I do feel it lands them firmly on the doorstep. Will be using letterdiva’s other suggestions in future cards as well. I love how we help each other here. :) Great place to be.

View attachment 225739

Note: It’s quite difficult to add marker after you’ve embossed. Sanding with a nail file helped loads. Saving embossing as a final step after I’m happy with the composition in future. :)

Last edited:
Trina, I didn’t even know that last line, how funny!

Marie, I think I’m ready to sign up. I have one in mind to illustrate an actual Trick or Treat event that happened a few years ago (with my son and a cute trick or treater). I could include the brief story on the back.

Welcome TrinaLD, I’m glad you’re joining in. :-) Joining in on the old school fun!

So glad to add your name too CiCiCreates, and I’m looking forward to the story! :)

Last edited:
Plumhill those cards are AWESOME! I’ll sign you up right away. :)
Mailing label and forever stamp is perfect. I never require envelopes, but anyone is welcome to send their own if they prefer.
I’ll update the mailing instructions above too. Thanks for the heads up!

Cute, cute, cute, Plumhill! Actually quite detailed. Three of my initial drawings look pretty simple, but the one depicting a “real story” is a bit detailed. I may actually begin with that one.

I love this theme! Even though we don't celebrate halloween in Greece, i always do thanks to my friends in here:)

I would love to join!

So glad to have you lazyshadows! It is a fun theme! I’ll add you now. :)
We have new twin granddaughters so I’m thinking up twin ideas for my next card. Fun!

Congrats Marie!! I forgot about the twins and when they were due. When did they arrive? How exciting!

Back
Top Bottom