Vintage children’s books – HD/HP & Mixed Media ATCs - Due 5th October

I had a lovely few hours reminiscing yesterday whilst trying to find some images. I loved Enid Blyton as a kid, so did my girls. Is that someone you gals in the US would be familiar with. Noddy, Famous Five, Secret Seven, to name but a few, though I have to say my most favourite would have to be The Enchanted Wood, and The Faraway Tree, part of the same series. My girls demanded them constantly. I painted a couple, will post them later when they are finished. I'm going to have quite a collection when I've finished I think :cute:

My cards are done and ready to be handed over

1_children_s_book_1.jpg
Rupert Bear

1_children_s_book_2.jpg
Benjamin Rabbit - Peter Rabbit's brother by Beatrix Potter

1_children_s_book_3.jpg
The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

1_children_s_book_4.jpg
Paddington Bear by Michael Bond

please sign me up.... i love your story of your wall papered in children's book illustrations! were you able to keep any of it?

Unfortunately not. As is often the case you take stuff for granted as I kid (it was 58 years ago) it's only looking back as an adult that your realise what you parents did for you.

Belated Mail call I have received cards from jo.on.the.go and dithespy. Thank you so much for the extra cards. Which ones shall I choose? Hmmmm.........

We now have the house back to ourselves - phew. It is great to see the family, but nice to be back to normal too.

Lurking as well. Will play with some vintage book stuff! Love Goodnight Moon and Maurice Sendak's stuff among so many others. These may not be old enough. Hmmmmm.....

Want to post pics of these cards. Took a set with my iPhone. How do I do that? The ones in my gallery were all done with a regular camera sent into a computer. Do you know how? If not you can tell me your FB name and you can see these on my page. Want to know if they all fit: Velveteen Rabbit, Where the Wild Things Are, The Dragons of Blueland and The Borrowers.

hazardgal sorry I've no idea how to post pics from your iPhone. If someone else can't help PM me details re FB.

Mail call - Londonont1 your cards have arrived.

Bumping us up the list (there are SO many swaps going on at the moment). It's so hard to choose which ones to do. Choose me! choose me! There are some fab cards to be had.

Back
Top Bottom