Vintage Valentines - Due February 5, 2015

No problem, aenvoy.
I don't show that you ever signed up, or that you even were lurking on this thread, but thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
Welcome indigomermaid.
I signed you up, and I sent you my addy, so you can get your cards in the mail.
Your snowstorm sounds WILD, very much like the Minnesota snowstorm of 1991.
Stay safe.

Monroy28
02/01/2015 3:00 PM
I am an on time host, and since cards are due IN MY HANDS February 5, this is short notice to be signing up.
But since you think you can get your cards to me, and if you absolutely mail them today, or latest tomorrow, they may get here on time. I just sent you my address so you can get your cards mailed.

Monroy28; said:
02/02/2015 AM
Vicki
i think i mixed you up with another 2 vintage valentine groups. rather than leave things in a bad situation. i would rather wait for another one you are going to do. i will try again in your next group. thank you for your time thus far.

Thank you
Dulce monroy
Sunnyvale, California

Monroy28 said:
02/02/2015 9:25 PM
i am sending you something out to you right now. i want to see how long it takes to get to you. I fear because of all the snow delays that the vintage valentines will not get to you in time so i am sending you something..just as a thank you

Thank you
Dulce monroy
Sunnyvale, California

Vicki Z said:
02/03/2015 2:34 PM Today is Tuesday,and if "right now" means whatever you send is in the mail before noon (and I mean in the mail, not in a mailbox pending pickup), it should reach me in 3-4 days, which means it could be here by late Thursday (deadline) or Friday (latest). If you don't mail until tomorrow, or if you put the letter in a mailbox, it will probably not arrive until Saturday or Monday. Per your request, I will let you know when it arrives.

Monroy28 said:
02/04/2015 1:34 AM
Darn. I think i could have done it. But i know you have a time line. I was told by the postal people that any place with snow it will take longer. and i did not want to hold up the deadline you had. But i did mail off the letter this morning. Let me know when it gets to you.. just so i know how much time it takes in a state with snow.
Dulce

Last edited:
AWESOME cards received from Artwhims, Boots, and JenUrebel.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

No mail today, and today is the deadline, but the post office tells me mail is running late due to the massive snowstorms on the coast that are delaying mail deliveries inland.
They also advise that the next mail drop is 3PM today, and with the volume of mail they are expecting, all the mail will probably not be sorted until after 5PM.

I don't think I will be able to make a second trip out today, particularly that late in the day, just so you'all don't worry, but I will check tomorrow, and update again with all envelopes received.

Last edited:
AWESOME ATCs received from KrisD and indigomermaid.
Your envelopes arrived YESTERDAY at 3PM, even though I did not pick them up until today, so thank you ladies, for being on time.
This means all the participant cards are here, and I am starting to swap out.

Returns have been mailed!!
They went out early this morning, so are already merrily heading in your direction.

Hopefully most of you will receive your returns prior to Valentine's Day.
International participants, unfortunately, usually have to wait a little longer to get their returns, although mail seems to be moving faster again since the snowstorms have passed.

Thanks to all of you for some absolutely stellar work. The submissions were AWESOME. I loved the cards you sent in and it was obvious a lot of effort went into creating them! I can't believe all the wonderful, unique, and creative ways many of you presented Vintage images and Victorian ideas. The embellishments were fabulously creative, from paper and ribbon to lace doilies, heart shaped buttons, and the biggest assortment of red and Valentine themed washi tape I have ever seen. Thank you!

When your cards arrive, please remember to give iTrader (to me) and "You Rock" rep points (to the players whose cards you receive in your returns). This is a great way to say thank you for the card, and also then everyone knows where their creations ended up.

Thanks again for playing.
I hope to see you in another swap.

Beautiful Vintage Valentines received today:)
Thanks for hosting another great swap VickiZ!
You Rocks on the way to DMyTLadybug, Knorman000, and Pixi..Thanks again!!

WOW!!!!!:jiggy:
First returns have been confirmed as received.
This is FASTER than the last swap returns were received.
Thanks for letting me know, SpottedCrow.

I didn't get any mail yesterday, but Minnesota just got 5 inches of snow, so I took that to be the reason for my delay.
That should NOT be the reason in Arizona.......

Received my Valentine's Today! Just love each and every one. Thank you Vicki for hosting such a wonderful swap! Going to go leave 'YOU ROCK!' for my lovely swappies and iTrader for our lovely hostess!! :)

Last edited:
WOOOO HOOOO!!! My TOTALLY awesome valentines arrived today! :) Each is sooo precious from VickiZ, Kris and CanadaRosebud!!!! LOVE THEM ALL!!! :) Thank you so much for hosting such a great swap Vicki!

Got my returns last week but was painting my LR and didn't have time to do thank yous until now. Thanks to Vicki for hosting. Wonderful Valentines from Daisies, Artwhims and JenUrebel. Thank you all!

Thanks so much for the terrific swap! I've received lovely vintage Valentine's from Monica, Karr311 and catb! Thank you ladies.... you rock! :)

I got such great cards from Boots ( love the dangly heart!), mx5gurl- such a cute picture and wonderful detail work!, and a really cool red on red from vickietoria- whom I didn't see in this forum, so I don't know how to leave 'you rock' points???

All but one person has received their returns, so I am closing down this thread.
Thanks again for participating.
See you all again next year, next Valentine's Day.

Back
Top Bottom