Winter Swap: Up close and personal (HandDrawn/HPainted): Due January 14, 2022

Hello,
I would like to join this swap. This is my first time responding so please let me know if I am not doing it correctly. I'm excited about this theme! Thanks!

Big Welcome:jiggy::jiggy: I love newbies. You are now in the swap. Feel free to ask any specific questions. It is pretty hard to do anything wrong here. We are a very inclusive community and supportive of all artists.:yes:

All done and all based on photos I've taken, except the oranges. That's just my memory from many years of picking oranges from my mom's backyard orange tree. I sure miss being able to pick a fresh orange off the tree in February! I'll send them out in tomorrow's mail; I still have your address, Sara, unless you've moved?

View attachment 226940 Yosemite Coyotes View attachment 226941 Ice Skating in Victoria, BC

View attachment 226942 Ripened oranges View attachment 226943 My snowshoes

Love your art, aginghippychic! You know, I've never seen a cardinal in real life - they've never made it to the west coast - and I tend to think of them as sort of like a unicorn, fairytale creatures made up and painted red to appear on winter art. It's my goal in life to someday see a real, live cardinal. :twitcy:

I hadn't seen a cardinal until I moved to Pennsylvania. It is sort of like a Blue Jay - not seen on the west coast - though I did see Stellar Jays in California.
When I first saw a cardinal here I was so excited and I pointed it out to my kids at the time. Poor Jeff, my oldest, replied "Just another brown bird". He is colorblind and can't see the red of a cardinal. He also doesn't see much of a rainbow.

I've seen plenty of Stellar Jays, Jo, and I've always assumed a cardinal was like that, only red, not blue. I've been to PA and the east lots of times, but I've never seen a cardinal whenever I've been there. When does one expect to see them? I've been there in summer and late autumn.

All done and all based on photos I've taken, except the oranges. That's just my memory from many years of picking oranges from my mom's backyard orange tree. I sure miss being able to pick a fresh orange off the tree in February! I'll send them out in tomorrow's mail; I still have your address, Sara, unless you've moved?

View attachment 226940 Yosemite Coyotes View attachment 226941 Ice Skating in Victoria, BC

View attachment 226942 Ripened oranges View attachment 226943 My snowshoes

Love these. Yosemite is one of my favorite places to visit in the winter. Glad you joined and shared your art.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom