Word of the Year 2022~Due March 3, 2022

I’ll note your preference fundygirl. :)

And I think I’ve settled on my word… or narrowed closer to it. ‘Engaged’
That’s the closest I can think of to a word that means interested and involved in life around oneself. I’m afraid this pandemic has caused me to check out a little bit because of all the distance and separation. I’d like to get a little more aware of and involved in the lives and happenings around me. Re-enter mainstream life… a bit anyway. Can anyone think of another word that would mean the same thing? I could use the help…

I'm using the word "stretch" for this year. In the sense that I want to stretch myself beyond my comfort zone, in every possible way, including re-entering the world post covid (I'm an introvert and took to the social isolation quite well). Now it's time for me to get up and stretch (also a good physical reminder) and get back to the real life with actual human interaction again.

I’ll note your preference fundygirl. :)

And I think I’ve settled on my word… or narrowed closer to it. ‘Engaged’
That’s the closest I can think of to a word that means interested and involved in life around oneself. I’m afraid this pandemic has caused me to check out a little bit because of all the distance and separation. I’d like to get a little more aware of and involved in the lives and happenings around me. Re-enter mainstream life… a bit anyway. Can anyone think of another word that would mean the same thing? I could use the help…

My mind immediately went to the word “present.” To me it indicates that you are focusing on the things around you.

Nice choice middleearthtraveller! Are you in the process of clearing up your space/life/time or working to maintain hard won space? I’m sorting and sharing on the regular… or trying to, so I’m super glad to see that you made a host card. Thank you! I need that word in my personal deck for sure!

I’ve been decluttering the closet and office the last few days— the Kondo method. And I’ll start going back to the yoga studio to declutter the mind. Less is looking good so far!

Kondo method is intense! I’ve also heard it’s long- lasting once you’re done, so props to you for taking it on! High 5!
Less is definitely more. You go girl!

Welcome tjs, what a beautiful meaningful word, very special. I’ll add you right away. :)

I like Stretch, fundygirl. Many things do seem like a stretch now, yes? Even things we used to do well. * Le sigh * Let’s do this! Have you ever seen the Muppet Christmas Carol? There’s a prayer in it, with the line…. ‘We reach for You, and we stand tall, and in our prayers and dreams we ask You, bless us all.’

I always loved that picture. Of stretching up reaching for Heaven, and how the very act of doing that makes you stand taller, straighter, higher. Anyway, ‘Stretch’ brought that whole scene to my heart. It’s a powerful image.

(I also kind of pictured Rafikki holding up baby Simba) also a powerful image. Stretch is a meaning-filled word for sure. :)

I LOVE them all! Focus on the good things, yes! Beautiful as always, and a very good message. The one you feed, yes? Absolutely love them!

Well, I finally read through the comments and I have started to make my cards. I got a Cricut Joy for my birthday in November, and I am using it to make ATCs. It's a very different look for me, but I think I am okay with where these cards are heading. I hope to post tomorrow.

BTW: my word is "mindful"

Welcome Molly and pilarfarmer, so glad you’re both joining in. :) Have you settled on your words yet?

Last edited:
mindful...

I really enjoyed making my “mindful” cards. They look pretty simple, but it took a LONG time to design these. If I had to do it over again, I’d skip the little windows and put a hand-drawn design in that spot to make them more individual… but ….. what would I do with THESE cards?!?!

I will be mailing these tomorrow.

One ATC:

1_1167_mindful_c_opt.jpg

The group, with the minizine pulled out of one:

1_IMG_4406_opt.jpg
(Oops! got it upside down!)

If you want to see a better image, I also posted it on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYl7gqlgpLS/

Wow! Those are fascinating! I tried to go to instagram but it’s not letting me see. These are really lovely! Did you enjoy the process?

Back
Top Bottom