I have been threatening myself with buying gelli plates for many years. My studio if full of all the things already and I've been avoiding adding yet another thing. Well, I did it. It's here and I am ready to play. If it's not too late, please sign me up! I promise to send quality work. If I don't take to it like I think I will, I will contact you and drop out. But, I have faith. I love the gelli plate already (I'll take it out of the box tonight!) lol
Ha! I know this feeling well. I am not a "collector" so every time I add to my art supplies I have a bit of anxiety and there is never any way to know if it will become a supply that I frequently use or end up rarely using. I also resisted buying a gelli plate and finally gave in by buying a "used" one off of Amazon. It wasn't actually "used" per se, but rather "imperfect" as it doesn't make a perfect rectangle--like the gel fell out of the mold during production. :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow, it's definitely not too late to join! Welcome to the swap, mybrokenart!

Ha! I know this feeling well. I am not a "collector" so every time I add to my art supplies I have a bit of anxiety and there is never any way to know if it will become a supply that I frequently use or end up rarely using. I also resisted buying a gelli plate and finally gave in by buying a "used" one off of Amazon. It wasn't actually "used" per se, but rather "imperfect" as it doesn't make a perfect rectangle--like the gel fell out of the mold during production. :ROFLMAO:

Anyhow, it's definitely not too late to join! Welcome to the swap, mybrokenart!
With a LOT of trial, error, and practice, and just a touch of frustration and angst, I have completed your challenge. This was soooo much fun! I hope you like them ok!

Attachments

• 20240427_191911.jpg
    20240427_191911.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
With a LOT of trial, error, and practice, and just a touch of frustration and angst, I have completed your challenge. This was soooo much fun! I hope you like them ok!
They look wonderful! Kudos to you for jumping in! My gel plate skills are pretty remedial but it looks like you are learning fast!

Last edited:
finally finished :)
will pm you for your mailing address - thank you for hosting.

Attachments

• collage-gelli plate2_0005.jpg
    collage-gelli plate2_0005.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 8
  • collage-gelli plate2_0004.jpg
    collage-gelli plate2_0004.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 10
  • collage-gelli plate2_0003.jpg
    collage-gelli plate2_0003.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 10
  • collage-gelli plate2_0002.jpg
    collage-gelli plate2_0002.jpg