Enchanted: Myths, Legends and Fairy Tales Swap, Due July 1st

Welcome LilMissFireFly! And who wants the last place????

Wooohooo! Our Last Spot goes to Joni Owens!!! I have been atrociously busy this weekend but I'm hoping to work on some myth cards this weekend! I can't wait to see what everyone is up to with this one!

Hotdog!!! In by the more than ample seat of my pants!!!!! Thank you, thank you. I've never stopped believing in fairy tales!!!!!!

My cards are done.
May I have your address please.
If you already sent it, I am sorry but I do not seem to have it.
Thanks!!

i received awesome cards frome VickiZ already she's super fast! And her cards were Awesome as well! I'm sorry this thread has been tres tres boring! I've been a little in the dumper lately and I opened up an etsy shop which is a little nerve wracking to say the least. BUT I am devoting some time to straight up ATC making this weekend! This is the first one I've completed so far hopefully more to come over the weekend! This is Venus of the Bees and Mint. One down 11 more to go!:jiggy:
file.php

Last edited:
Where did this myth come from? I have been doing a little research, and I don't seem to find it. Do you happen to have a link, or a country of origin?

If you look up Venus or Aphrodite symbols you will find that some of her symbols are mint and bees amongst many others... There were offerings made to the temples of Venus sometimes Bundles of mint and jars filled with bees (it was in a book I read a while ago called the glory of hera about ancient Goddess religions) I had been doing research on greek and roman mythology for a while and some roman guy did an etching of Venus with bees that really intrigued me. Mint is my favorite and I love honey bees and bees in general so I wanted to combine the two. Venus is my ruling planet too, so it shouldn't have suprised me that maybe my favorites fell in line with hers, I guess! For the series I'm doing for you guys's party gifts, It's turning out to be a combination of goddesses and myth stories mostly greek and roman. I have some more scans but have been a bit busy lately so haven't been able to get to that part yet!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!!!!
I did look up bees, and honey, and mint, but mostly in wikipedia, and sometimes the links don't always take you to what you are trying to research.

I was nosy because we raise honey bees and I have a HUGE herb garden. When the catnip (mint family), spearmint and peppermint are in bloom, the bees work the flowers and make an absolutely AWESOME mint honey that I put up separately (not mix with other honey flavors) that is to DIE FOR. Again, thanks for all the info!!

Last year in my garden we barely saw any honey bees! This year there have been a handful buzzing around the herbs and flower garden. I planted huge clumps of mint this year I can't wait for it to actually take over the yard!

Ladies, I just wanted to let you know that I will be a bit busy in the next few weeks but please if you have any questions or if you need me for anything please PM me! I'm an email addict and I respond really quickly! This thread has been so quiet How are everyone's cards coming along?

I actually finished mine (and I'm quite pleased with them, which doesn't happen much)! They'll be in the mail at some point this week.

I'm in the process of card marathon day! I'm trying to get my cards for this swap done in the next 24 hours! But We have plenty of time still, like a month! So no worries Jklee! Miss I can't wait to see your cards! Pm me if you need the addy! :jiggy:

Miss your cards arrived safe and sound! LOVE Them! Thanks for the extra too!:biglaugh:

Ok I must say that the cards recieved thus far for this swap are fabulous! Today I recieved wonderful cards from Joni and Lavendar Lizard! I love how different all the cards are even if its the same story being told! This is awesome! Joni and LL thanks for the extra cards and Joni thanks for the extra bits as well!

Back
Top Bottom