Media
Swap Due Date: April 18, 2014
Signup/Withdraw Date: April 18, 2014
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome

Ghosts Among Us, Due April 18, 2014

RETURNS MAILED 4/24

Ghosts may be tied to a physical object or to a particular location.
Ghosts may arrive with one of their personal possessions or with a piece of furniture (of theirs) you may have acquired.
You may be surprised to know that even a "New House" can harbor "Old Spirits" if built on the footprint of an "Old Site". An "Old" House still houses the earlier inhabitants - living as ghosts, even if the "Old" house has been removed or destroyed.

Ghosts show themselves to some young children and some older adults.
Spirits often gather around the hospital bed of a dying person, perhaps to guide them beyond death's door.
Spirits may remain on this plane, rather than moving on, particularly if they have unfinished business, or if they died violently or unexpectedly.

Ghosts may be naughty children, for children are the most numerous of all ghost sightings.
.....It is theorized that perhaps they do not know they are dead, and continue to "live" and play
They may be playful pirates, who died in battle, or died violently
.....so they may be shrouded in white, or may be wearing the clothing of the time period in which they lived (and died)
They may be screaming Banshees, who, according to Scottish tradition, can foretell an impending death

Call them spirits, or call them ghosts, be they helpful, frightening, quiet
Whatever form spirits or ghosts arrive in, 1 in 3 Americans believe in them. Do you?

MIRRORS
Victorian funeral customs demanded that mirrors be covered with crepe or veiling to prevent the deceased spirit from getting trapped in the mirror and becoming a resident ghost in that house, and not being able to move on to the afterlife.
It is said that viewing a mirror by candlelight will not only show you your own reflection, but will also show you all the ghosts (and any other entities) that inhabit the place where the mirror is hung.

OUIJA BOARD, CRYSTAL BALL, SEANCES
Spirits may be summoned and/or spoken to through the crystal ball, Ouija board, or during a Séance.
Show ATCs of Ouija boards, crystal balls, or séances in session.

AUTOMATIC WRITING
Sometimes when a loved one passes on, they may have information they want to/need to share with those left behind.
They may wish to grant assistance in finding lost or misplaced objects.
For those who cannot, or don't wish to, SEE ghosts, many people have had good results with "Automatic Writing", also called "The Moving Hand".
One takes in hand a writing instrument, poises the pen over blank paper, asks a question, closes their eyes, and lets their hand do the work.
One doesn't have to believe in ghosts, or see anything spooky, one just needs to be seeking an answer.
Of course, if the (correct) answer shows up in (dead) Mom's distinctive handwriting, it can be very spooky.

ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPHS OF GHOSTS
Photographs have been taken of ghosts, looking like a double exposure with the outlines of trees and buildings fully visible through the body of the apparition. Make a card depicting this, use a real photograph if you have one.

While ghosts and haunted houses will no doubt come to mind, please try to avoid the “standard” Halloween ghost or the Halloween Haunted Houses. Ghosts are so much more, so try to explore other aspects of ghosts.
Make ATCs that depict ghosts in their many forms and appearances.

If you need inspiration, watch the ghostly love story “Ghost” with Patrick Swayze, or check out the 1937 movie “Topper”, or follow the TV series of the same name -- the story of a humorous and fun loving married couple who are resident ghosts in their own home (now owned by someone else) and include a ghost dog, a St Bernard named Neil, or watch “High Spirits” which includes a cast of well know talent, such as Peter O’Tool, Daryl Hannah, Beverly D’Angelo, Liam Neeson and Steve Guttenberg.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.

* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 49 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 70 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy.

* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Please send your cards in protective plastic sleeves, and assure that they are ATC size (2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches). ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything! We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.

* Cards are due to me by April 18, 2014. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* Remember: We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, do not forget to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Ghosts Among Us, Due April 18, 2014
Current Participants:

*/. Mx5gurl - a * CANADA
*/. daedrya - WITHDREW
*1. papersaga - it - Cards Received 3/06
*2. BArox818 - it - Cards Received 3/10
*3. SkullGirl85 - it - Cards Received 4/01
*4. Gerry - it - Cards Received 3/07 * UNITED KINGDOM
*5. HiddenTreasure2010 - it - Cards Received * CANADA
*6. ChrisesCrafts - it - Cards Received 2/26
*/. lindalaem - NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION
*7. SpottedCrow -it - Cards Received 2/28
*8. kinouchi - it - Cards Received 3/17 * POLAND
*9. Beverley - it - Cards Received 3/17 * CANADA
*//. Donnacr - WITHDREW * INDONESIA
*//. WildGoose - WITHDREW * CANADA
*10. novascotiacrafter - it - Cards Received 3/29 * CANADA
*//. Decals_gal - WITHDREW
*11. Bluesky - it - Cards Received 3/20
*//. Karr3ll - WITHDREW
*//. walkingdeadhead - NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION
12. dpineschi - it - Cards Received 3/20
*13. Vicki Z- Cards Received 2/13
14. crisbear - it - Cards Received 3/20
*15. Spoiltpup - it - Cards Received 3/07
*16. lindalee - it - Cards Received 4/16
*17. robcrusade - it - Cards Received 4/16

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
I'm sitting here watching Ghost adventures on tv waiting for The Dead Files. Then I see this thread. LOL I'm going to call myself a lurker. I want to see if I can make some cards first. I'm glad it's not til April. I'm also getting ready to go to Galveston in a few weeks to stay in a haunted hotel. Maybe that will give me more ideas. lol

Lurkers welcome, djl1050.
When you stay in a haunted hotel, are you hoping to actually see a ghost?
What will you do, if you do see one?

Lurkers welcome, novascotiacrafter.

What is it about us humans, that makes us WANT to be scared?

And when you see the ghosts, and when they speak to you, do you feel more, or less, alive?
Or more excited?
And do you heed their comments, or do you run in terror?

Love this idea, lurking for now. Will probably end up joining. I've always wanted to be a paranormal investigator

Lurkers welcome, Wapithe.
Do you have ghosts in your home, or have you checked?
One's home is always a good place to start to be a paranormal investigator

Welcome BArox818.
I signed you up.

Please tell us about your experiences.
Do you SEE ghosts, or just FEEL them?
Are your ghosts friendly and helpful, or not so much, or both?
What makes a story "far-fetched"?

Back
Top Bottom