Stamp & Emboss....due May 30th

I will be online while we are gone. I will be learning how to use our new lap top.

We are breaking up the trip and spending a night in a hotel both going and coming. Our last night, we will share the room with the dog and our reclaimed pet, a box turtle. Cedric will ahve his own plastic traveling case. got to remember to punch out some air holes.

Dogs and turtles are not natural friends. So we just have to watch when the two are together. When we use to visit our dog when she was still at the Humane society, there was a large tortoise who often was in the grass enclosure with dogs. So mayb she will remember that animal and ignore the new family member.

the turtle currently lives in a terrarium. He has a floor heater. a shallow pool and a food dish. At our place, he will live outside in a fenced, netted area. he will have shade plants and grass. And another shallow pool, maybe two. We bought a wide plastic pipe for a shelter and we will construct some other things, too. When we lived in Campbell (near San Jose), the turtle stayed out during the summers in an enclosed area. I think in southern Calif, he should be able to live year round outside. We will still ahve the terrarium if we need him to be inside.
in the past, when we had cats and no dog, we let him loose in the house. He had to have a shallow pool as that is where he went to the bathroom. One summer we took care of a friend's turtle and both were loose in the house. Mostly they would go under furniture.

My returns came this morning - thank you so much NancyL x

Thank you to Darida, Thou Art Delyrias, Hinkeltje, Claylady, SpiderJessi and Paper Saga for lovely cards x

/from all the i/traderrs I've gotten, looks like the returns have been arriving. I'll record them all when I get home next week.

Received cards from Ivan101, Janneke, and LoriartsyObsession. All very nice but am not seeing posts from them so not sure how to leave "You Rock" comments. Thanks to everyone!

Got mine in the mail on Thursday but was out of town until now. Thanks for all the awesome cards from Marryth, JenUrebel, Kiwicsi, Trudy, Katiea707 and Jannelie! fun fun fun! and thanks Nancy for hosting!

Hally I am relatively new too - but usually you can find a post from each player to respond to within the chat in a swap - you just hit the 'you rock' button at the bottom right of that post to leave thanks and remarks. But yes you can find all members in the members list if all else fails ! Janneke is Hinkeltje's Mother and had not posted herself which is why ThouArtDelyrias left the 'you rocks' via Hinkeltje I think !
Then again it took me several weeks to realise that you could read your 'You Rock' comments via the Control Panel !

Some of you go to more work than I do when trying to give rep points. If I can't find a player's post in the swap thread, they don't get a rep point from me. No matter how much the hosts encourage you to leave iTrader and rep points, it is still an optional action.

Hally, I am new too and I do as Sarnie says by going into the post and hit the 'You Rock' button. Yes, Janneke is Hinkeltje's mother so that is what I did...hope that was OK!

Hally do carry on leaving rep points - I think everyone likes to be appreciated and most people do hit the 'You Rock' button and say nice things ! You will get them too x

I must say, I do everything I can to leave rep points (not that I've done that many swaps yet, I can imagine that after you've participated for years it can get a bit more of a bother if you can't find a post!) But I've just participated in a swap and only got 1 rep point for my 3 swaps and feel a bit disappointed and ignored - so I'll carry on for the time being with searches :)
x

I know how you feel, Hally. But before long, you'll end up with loads of rep points that are fun to read. It's just a fact of life that not everyone leaves them. They're not compulsory, after all. I always post my rep points and itrader as soon as I receive my returns, so I don't forget later. Sometimes there are glitches in the site and you can't give rep. Usually then, I will send a pm to the artist just to let them know that I received one of their cards. :)

Back
Top Bottom