Toy Photography - Due September 15, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemurkat

Colour adds life.
Media
Swap Due Date: September 15th
Signup/Withdraw Date: September 1st
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 (if enough participants ie: 7 or more)
Number of Participants: 12 (+ me)

This swap is for photographs of toys. The more creative, the better - set your soft toys free, make an action scene with your action figures or build a futuristic city out of lego. Broken toys permitted too.

Please take into consideration the simple principles of photography - particularly balance, lack of distractions, lighting, colour, cropping.

Photomanipulations are allowed, but please do not go overboard and please make sure they look convincingly real.

Need inspiration?
http://www.noupe.com/photography/55-absolutely-beautiful-examples-of-toy-photography.html
http://www.flickr.com/groups/toyphotographytheotherside/pool/

And here's some of my own (the toys are a collection called "yowies" featuring animals native to NZ and Australia. I had fun with the invertebrates in my backyard):

View attachment 76060 View attachment 76061

Now, the nitty gritty:

- Please print your photograph on good quality, photo paper. Image should be high quality and nice and crisp, not blurry (around 300 dpi).
- Unless you have really thick photo paper, photos should be MOUNTED on sturdy card of the appropriate ATC size (2.5 x 3.5 inches).
- Please put all cards into plastic sleeves.
- Write on the back your name, username, details about the subject (name of dish, name of restaurant), date and signature. Country too, would be nice.
- send either a large address label or a self-addressed "business size"(DL) or C6 envelope.
- When printing an address label please use UPPER CASE and print. If you use handwriting that is somewhat difficult to read I will not be reponsible if it goes missing on the return journey. And if you're from the USA, please remember that I'm posting this from NZ and add "USA" under your address. It's amazing how few people do that!

All cards must be in the post by the 10th September if they are to get to me by the deadline. If I have not received your cards by that date, I shall email you for a status. I will hold the swap open for ONE WEEK after the due date for any cards that might be slow in transit. If your card does not arrive in that time, your letter will be returned or swapped out with some of my "reserves".

If you need to withdraw, let me know. That's not a problem.

I would deeply appreciate if you can send me US$1 notes or paypal me $$$ - it is very expensive for me to host swaps (costing me $2.40 per letter to return) but I love doing it, so the more help I can get, the better! Bonus/host cards definitely not necessary, although they will be appreciated. Please no ephermera/craft supplies.

So who wants to join my playhouse?

1. LemurKat
2. Gigglefairy (RECEIVED)
3. Sheala.draws (RECEIVED)
4. Scwk0511 (RECEIVED)
5. Studioblue (RECEIVED)
6. Bonniebonet (RECEIVED)
7. JBunny (RECEIVED)
8. Kiddio55 (RECEIVED)
9. Ceejay (RECEIVED)
10. Mouseit (RECEIVED)
11. AganaBelea (RECEIVED)
12. Cee-emm (RECEIVED)

Blue = returns received

Last edited:
Lurking, love the idea, certainly have the toys, but the budget it tight right now and I need to buy ink for my printer before I can join. So something like $60-90 start up cost, because I'm totally out of everything but black :swoon:

Added you two. Sorry about the ink, Penlowe.
You could always take the photos anyway ^^ Good for inspiration!

OOHHHHH Please let me play.. I see there is a few spaces left!
I have lots of yummy toys in a certain shape to use... heehee

Welcome aboard Mouseit. My husband and I are going for a bike ride around the cordon today (our central city is cordoned off due to earthquake damage) and then to the gardens, so I'm taking a bunch of my yowie toy animals with me to pose in the gardens. Hopefully I'll get some good shots.

I would love to lurk and see what you all come up with. I personally am a horrible photographer and sadly have no ambitions to improve. But cool swap!

I would really like to do this one, especially since I have a ton of Japanese toys.
Unfortunately my camera had a run-in with the washing machine and I'm not quiet in a position to buy a new one any time soon.
Oh well!

I would really like to do this one, especially since I have a ton of Japanese toys.
Unfortunately my camera had a run-in with the washing machine and I'm not quiet in a position to buy a new one any time soon.
Oh well!

Pity! You can't borrow one?

Welcome Cee-Emm! Added you in. I quite like Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom