Try Something New 2! Due March 1

Here are my first two cards. Embossed foil, from an online tutorial. Aluminum foil, yarn (underneath), painted with Sharpies. A pansy and a butterfly.

For my last two, I did alcohol inks. The poppy magically formed itself! I enhanced by painting black accents in the center, and slight highlights on the petals. "Autumn" has a stenciled leaf in the center, painted with acrylics, with the veining scratched out with a toothpick before paint was dry.

I was in LONG meetings all of last week and didn't get through the mail until today. I have received wonderful experimental creations from sweetangel, LindaP and aginghippychic

Yesterday I received fantastic cards from WAHMBrenda and CesariaB!

If there is anyone still lurking out there - There is plenty of time to join!!

LuAnn and Haagmm - I LOVE my alcohol inks. I get different results depending on what type of glossy paper I use (Yupo or Glossy photo paper) and have just bought some of Ranger's 'Alcohol Lift-ink', which is my NEXT new thing to try.

I finally had a day playing with the 'Thread pull Flower' technique. I used liquid pearlescent acrylics which Mouseit had gifted me a while ago and I was afraid to open.
I now have lots of leftovers as you get 2 results for every try (top and bottom sheets). I have given a bit of an explanation with the cards in my Gallery.

All cards went in the mail today - I think that the 2 colour experiment is my favourite.

Donnacr, I read your info in your gallery about the pull thread flower technique. I am going to have to try this soon. I do wonder how heavy the book was that you used. It was INSIDE a book not in between 2 books?

I Tried Alcohol Inks.... and...

I bought a little set of alcohol inks and.... um.... there is going to be a steep learning curve here!

1_ai_star_c.jpg

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=550903

Working on a glossy surface is entirely new.... and hard to manage... for me. The only glossy paper I had was glittery. I'm not usually a glittery person, but it WAS fun.

I now have purplish fingers. Yes, the tutorial recommended gloves but I was too excited to get started. I can see where alcohol inks could do some awesome things for someone who has a few more hours of experience... but I am submitting my newbie attempts in the spirit of the swap. (but not the first three total messes!) I'm also still trying to figure out the best way to post images. I haven't used a forum in years, and THAT is another steep learning curve!

I'll be mailing these out Monday (I hope.)

Back
Top Bottom