Ghosts Among Us, Due April 18, 2014

We have a little girl we call "Emma" in our house; she likes to touch you, pull your pony-tail, say your name in your ear... stuff like that. We have learned to deal with it, Lol!!

Nice cards everyone :)

Have you tried to find out her history?
Why is she there?
Did she die in or near the house?

Last edited:
We call her "Emma", but don't know her real name. We live very rurally and our house is built on 'old' land. It was once land that surrounded a small school house (which still stands, and is now a residence), so perhaps it has a connection to that?!

When I was a child, we lived in a house built on an old quarry site. We had a young boy in the house (which was new) who caused no end of trouble; we figured he must have died in the Quarry long ago.

The women in our family is very sensitive; we have all had encounters with those who have crossed over.

That being said... my uncle Harry open the door one night to find his long deceased wife standing there! He asked her where she'd been and she said "Well, I've been out, haven't I" - then she was gone!! Scared the bejeebers out of him, Lol!

AWESOME card, BArox818.
That is creepy cool.

Its actually a real photograph I took... We were camping in the woods in Maryland, and had gone for a walk around the campground when we came across this graveyard in the clearing beyond the trees. I thought the location was odd but even stranger, was the low number of graves it held: couldn't have been any more than 12.

A graveyard in the middle of nowhere with only 12 graves? It seemed suspicious so we decided to investigate further. According to the dates on the tombstones, everyone in that graveyard had been there for at least 10 yrs. Why then, did it look like some of their graves had been freshly dug up?! Things just kept getting weirder and weirder, and suddenly I feel like we are being watched, so curiously I turned around and snapped a pic. This is what I got...

I have not yet decided if I want it to be a card... I think if it were an ATC I'd need to add a little something to it. Its creepy yes, but feels rather plain. hmmm

I'm sorry I mistook this for a card. When you called it a "Graveyard Capture", I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
This photograph is even more awesome because it is a photograph, and because you took it.
I zoomed on the picture, trying to get a more clear look at the man behind the grave, and it gets even more creepy cool as a larger image.

Thanks again for sharing.

Lurking....and thinking/planning, also! Gosh, Vicki.... you've got me in the ghostly Halloween mood now...and I should be doing valentines! lol

I'll see what I can come up with first, make cards if possible, and then maybe join, ok? :)

That is fantastically okay, Decals_gal.
Ghosts like Valentines, too, you know.....
Hope you get some cards made, and come back.

Spectacular cards, ChrisesCrafts.
I look forward to seeing them in person.
Thank you for posting such wonderful inspiration.

Last edited:
so I think I will use that photograph of the ghost in the graveyard as a card. I figued out a way to dress it up and I have one more real photo of a ghost, I could use. That one is in an abandoned school and is associated with a local urban legend<--which gave me my ideas for my remaining card(s) The rest may not be images of real ghosts but the will be based off the ghosts in local urban legends. (Dont worry I'll include the back-story on each :) )

This is looking to be a really fun and interesting swap, VickiZ, and I sure like what I"ve been seeing - and shared experiences I've been reading-, everyone!:D

Sign me on!
...Haven't work with transparencies and/or overlays for a while...thinking that could be the way to go with this:idea:

so I think I will use that photograph of the ghost in the graveyard as a card. I figued out a way to dress it up and I have one more real photo of a ghost, I could use. That one is in an abandoned school and is associated with a local urban legend<--which gave me my ideas for my remaining card(s) The rest may not be images of real ghosts but the will be based off the ghosts in local urban legends. (Dont worry I'll include the back-story on each :) )

Thinking to add background info is a great idea, BArox818; if I got one of yours, I'd appreciate a wee slip of paper with that slipped in with my card

Last edited:
Welcome WildGoose.
We are having a great time with ideas and shared stories and cards.
I am so glad you have decided to join us.
Yes, transparencies and overlays should work great for this theme.
I signed you up.

I've been looking online all afternoon for ways to do ghostly figures....I think I'll try to do it by watercolors with a technique I found online. We'll see what we'll see! lol (pun intended)

This sounds exciting, Decals_gal.
Watercolors are so translucent, they should be perfect for ghostly figures.
Can't wait to see what you have in mind.

I kinda got sidetracked on youtube and started watching "true" ghost footage and pictures and now, I've scared my doggone self! lmao

Now, I just need to figure out my backgrounds....I'm sure my background choices will either make or break it. I want something creepy/spooky.... maybe more research? lol again!!

Back
Top Bottom