Beautiful Backgrounds Swap, Due July 21, 2017

Can I ask how this swap works out with points etc. I'm assuming we will get, in my case, 18 cards back. I don't remember putting my name on the back of them all. Must check if I should have. Will we get, in my case, 18 cards back from a mixture of people. I think Vicki is very brave :notworthy:

Uh Oh . . . I think I may have messed up here. It's so long since I mailed them, but I'm sure I spent ages looking at all mine and then just picked 18 and put them in a plastic thing. I don't remember, I'm pretty sure I didn't, sticking my usual lable on the back of them as I assumed they would be used by other people to make cards. I'm so sorry. I can't even remember, but I think most of them were done using brusho's as mentioned in the thread.

Last edited:
Can I ask how this swap works out with points etc. I'm assuming we will get, in my case, 18 cards back. I don't remember putting my name on the back of them all. Must check if I should have. Will we get, in my case, 18 cards back from a mixture of people. I think Vicki is very brave.

Uh Oh . . . I think I may have messed up here. It's so long since I mailed them, but I'm sure I spent ages looking at all mine and then just picked 18 and put them in a plastic thing. I don't remember, I'm pretty sure I didn't, sticking my usual lable on the back of them as I assumed they would be used by other people to make cards. I'm so sorry. I can't even remember, but I think most of them were done using brusho's as mentioned in the thread.

I don't know what you mean by "points". :wideeyed: This swap is not run on "points".

yes, you sent in 18 cards, so you will get back 18 cards.
I send back the number of cards people send in, unless I am specifically told that a hostie card is included for me.
I never assume I will receive a hostie card, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting them. :notworthy:

yes, you neglected to sign your background cards.
and, yes, you DO GIVE rep points for all the cards you received in your returns.
that is (another reason) I suggest you sign your cards.
people cannot give rep points if you didn't sign your cards.

While it is true that (your) backgrounds are usually used by other people to make cards, since the backgrounds are always so gorgeous, I encourage people to sign them so when the cards are used in making new cards, the creator of the background can receive credit. :)
Again, people cannot give rep points if you didn't sign your cards.

I had never heard of brusho's until you mentioned it in the thread, so I googled it.
It does appear that most of your cards were done using brusho's as mentioned in the thread.

I hope that answers all your questions.

Last edited:
It does, and I apologise for getting it wrong. So I take it we don't give rep points on this swap. I think I did put in a couple of extra as hosties. If I didn't just send me 16 back.

It does, and I apologise for getting it wrong. So I take it we don't give rep points on this swap. I think I did put in a couple of extra as hosties. If I didn't just send me 16 back.

yes, as already stated, you DO GIVE rep points for all cards you receive in your returns.
that is (another reason) I suggest you sign your cards.
people cannot give rep points if you didn't sign your cards.

As you stated already, both on Page 5 dated 6/19, and again above, in Post #175, you sent in 18 cards.
You also indicated a few posts ago (post #175) that you sent in 18 cards, and expected 18 cards back, so that means there are no extra as hosties.
I tried to be clear, so I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited:
What a good idea Daphne75. This is the first time I'd done one of these, so I'm sorry for messing it up. I am not at all bothered about rep points, I just hope people get enjoyment out of using the brusho backgrounds. And I really would be happy to just get 16 cards back Vicki. I was just using the 18 for 18 as an example of how it works.

I don't know how I missed this entire swap.
The cards posted are fabulous.
I can see that I have to learn to make my own backgrounds.
The techniques don't sound too difficult.

Wonderful art, everyone!

Returns are in the mail!
Mailed out yesterday, Friday morning, 7/28.
You should all be getting happy mail soon.

Returns usually travel quickly, but you are correct, International mail does take a bit longer.
I anticipate most of you will have your returns by the end of the week.

Please note....
Some people did NOT sign their backgrounds, and they tell me they did not sign their backgrounds on purpose.
Therefore, I didn't sign for them (it wasn't as though they forgot, they did not sign on purpose.)
So, any un-signed cards you receive, don't get rep points, don't worry about it.

Please also be aware that you may receive more than one card from the same artist. With some people sending in 3 cards, and some people sending in 18 cards, I couldn't always find a balance that didn't repeat artist cards, and I did try. :)
And I attempted to give a different technique, or color, or texture, or something, on those artist cards I had to repeat.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
The backgrounds were all gorgeous.

Well, You did a fantastic job Vicki!! I did get a VERY nice variety and love them!! There are 2 unsigned and they are beautiful if you know who you are, thank you!! Off to leave A TON of YouRocks and an Itrader for the phenomenal host!!

I was only able to leave "you rock" for 10 of the cards I received. The other 7 have nothing written on the back.

I bet I get mine tomorrow if you got yours Jennifer.

Jennifer and I have different post office substations despite living about 3 to 4 miles apart. Funny thing is that we each live about a mile from our Post office too. Mine is a mile south of my house. Hers is a 3 miles north of my house. Her PO is way busier than mine, I avoid hers.

Well, CQ, mine came today as well! Beautiful cards, I will leave rep points tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom