Scrap bin challenge Due OCT 25th, 2022

Ooops I missed the “number” part of the swap… I still have the scrap envelope from CQ, so I will add a number to each card before mailing - making sure all have text as well.
*uploaded new pic in My Gallery :)

Last edited:
Ooops I missed the “number” part of the swap… I still have the scrap envelope from CQ, so I will add a number to each card before mailing - making sure all have text as well.
*uploaded new pic in My Gallery :)

I didnt even notice that you missed the number.

I went to check, your new cards. WOW is it my imagination or did the number really improve the cards? Very nice.

Nanvan, in my opinion your scrappy ATCs are the perfect blend of scraps and cohesive composition. They look like art even before I click them to see the fine details.

I am jealous. In my mind - I plan scrappy compositions. For some reason I can't do it.
I end up cutting and cutting and cutting straight lines and try to mix it up by tearing irregular chunks.
My trash is full of decomposed scraps that became unusable. I tried sketching scrappy layouts and taking pictures of preliminary scrap compositions. They are also in the trash.

Bravo on your scrappy scrap ATCs.

JavZarf, you and I suffer from the same thing. My scrappy ideas turn out to look like scrappy ideas, but I am determined to make silk from a pigs ear for this swap. It's good to learn how to conquer what seems unconquerable. There is so much talent on AFA and so many artists to learn from. I'm gonna do this thing!!! Oh dear! I've had 2 espressos already & I'm running my mouth. Sorry:(

If you are looking for inspiration, check out the Full Deck Challenge Group on Facebook. These are posts from artists making altered playing cards from prompts given by an Australian. Her work is gorgeous! She does short videos of her responding to the prompts and then other people will post their response to the same prompt. So many neat techniques and different approaches to the same prompts. I find myself doing the same sort of thing over and over, it is fun to see something different.

If you are looking for inspiration, check out the Full Deck Challenge Group on Facebook. These are posts from artists making altered playing cards from prompts given by an Australian. Her work is gorgeous! She does short videos of her responding to the prompts and then other people will post their response to the same prompt. So many neat techniques and different approaches to the same prompts. I find myself doing the same sort of thing over and over, it is fun to see something different.

I sent a request to join the group. I would love to see what they have done.

You transformed those plain numbers I sent. I will have to remember that is an option. I havent used them yet.

You did an amazing job with the zebra sticker, and the insect card, that unwanted unloved abc border, and the red cactus. I love to collect zebra and cactus cards. The red or the green if you got green cactus images are from Phoenix Bus passes. I had a son who rode the bus a lot before covid and he saved them for me.

Oh, ladies your cards are so great & you have set the bar high. Who knew such great cards could emerge from a pile of scraps. I must do some serious thinking ��

Back
Top Bottom